Spiders play an essential role within the ecosystem of your gardens, eating unwanted pests that target your beautiful plants and flowers. But when these eight-legged creepy crawlies become house guests, it’s time to take action before the problem gets out of hand.
Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. offers effective and high-quality pest control services to residents and businesses across South Florida. Reach out to our expert team today to schedule your spider prevention inspection and get a quote.
Common Spiders in South Florida
South Florida is home to dozens of spider species, some highly venomous but most reasonably harmless. The venomous spiders found in this state include:
- Black widow spiders
- Brown widow spiders
- Red widow spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
The other spiders in South Florida come from several species and include many types, such as:
- Orb weaver spiders
- Jumping spiders
- Nursery web spiders
- Wolf spiders
- Crab spiders
- Sac spiders
- Crevice weaver spiders
- Cellar spiders
- Huntsman spiders
- Harvestmen spiders
Signs of a Spider Infestation
If you have a spider infestation problem, you may see these tell-tale signs:
- Spider webs, usually holding sacs of eggs or insects and most often appearing in ceiling corners and behind furniture.
- Egg sacs encased in a white ball of webbing tucked away in corners and crevices or on a spider’s web.
- Small dotted spider droppings in the nooks and crannies of your home.
- One or more spiders in your home.
How to Get Rid of Spiders
When spiders invade your home, it’s best to take immediate action. Contacting a pest control specialist is the most effective course of action, but here are some natural approaches you could try while you wait for the professionals to arrive:
- Vacuum your home thoroughly, empty or remove the bag, and dispose of the contents in a closed bin outdoors.
- Mix a few drops of eucalyptus, peppermint or citrus oil with water and spray the solution around entry points to your home.
- Combine white vinegar and water to create a natural pesticide.
- Remove other insects from your home.
Professional Spider Infestation Control With Royal Pest & Termite, Inc.
If you suspect that spiders have inhabited your home, you need a knowledgeable and professional spider control service to remove the infestation. Our licensed experts can help by using our effective Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system, which comprises the following approach:
- When you reach out to our team, we’ll schedule a convenient date and time to conduct a thorough inspection.
- During our inspection, our technicians will verify the nature and extent of your spider infestation problem.
- Our skilled team will design a spider control plan and quote tailored to your needs.
- Once accepted, we’ll execute the plan, monitoring progress and amending our approach as necessary.
Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. Is Your Trusted South Florida Pest Specialist
Figuring out how to prevent or remove a spider invasion is no joke and should be handled by professionals. At Royal Pest & Termite, Inc., we prioritize the safety of your family and pets while executing a targeted plan to rid your home of spiders. Contact our team by phone or complete our short online submission form to have us inspect and treat your spider infestation problem.