Beetles live in almost every ecological niche on the planet and play an essential role in decomposing dead plants and animals. However, if you see a beetle in your home or business, your first instinct may be to get rid of it quickly instead of thanking it for its service.
Luckily, at Royal Pest & Termite, Inc., we are a go-to resource for effectively removing beetles from homes and businesses across South Florida. Reach out to our expert team today!
What Do Beetles Look Like?
While beetles are some of the most common insects, it’s easy to confuse them with other species. One way to tell a beetle apart from other insects is to examine the wings and wing covers. Unlike other winged insects, a beetle’s first pair of wings is hard, protecting the flying wings underneath. A beetle’s wing covers typically meet in a straight line in the middle of the beetle’s back for easy identification.
Signs of a Beetle Infestation
Seeing beetles in your home or business is one of the more obvious signs of an infestation. However, there are some other warning signs to be aware of, such as:
- Holes in fabrics or clothes: Beetles often eat fabric, meaning if you have an infestation, you may notice holes in your rugs, clothing and furniture.
- Finding beetle skins: Some types of beetles, like carpet beetles, shed their skin numerous times, so furry skins around your home or business may be a sign of infestation.
- Droppings: Another sign of an infestation is the sight of brown or black beetle droppings that are the size of a grain of sand.
How to Get Rid of Beetles
Once you identify a beetle infestation, your next step is to remove these insects as soon as possible. The first step should always be to call pest control, and you can use the following tips to keep beetle bugs away while you wait for the professionals to arrive:
- Use your vacuum to remove any visible beetles.
- Inspect food, fabric and wood items to avoid bringing beetles into your building.
- Ensure all entrances have a tight seal.
- Remove food or moisture that supports beetle development.
- Regularly clean fabrics and closets.
Contact the Professionals for Beetle Infestations
When it comes to an insect infestation in your home or business, it pays to have a knowledgeable and professional pest control team on your side. Our licensed experts have years of experience providing effective pest control services such as:
- Conducting a property inspection to identify and assess your pest issue.
- Discussing the pest issue with you to ensure we meet your needs.
- Creating a personalized pest treatment to eliminate all beetles.
Choose Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. for Your Pest Control Services in South Florida
Our years of experience make us the right choice for promptly and effectively removing a beetle infestation in your home or business in South Florida. Our team has full licensing and is ready to work with you to develop a personalized removal approach to restore your property to the pest-free paradise it was before. Contact us online or call our team at 754-800-5284 to start treating your beetle infestation!