Cockroaches are a particularly nasty type of pest that can take up residence in your home without warning and potentially affect the health and well-being of your family. As a leading pest control specialist serving the South Florida area, Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. can help remove your cockroach infestation. Contact us today for a safe and effective pest control plan.
What Do Cockroaches Look Like?
While several cockroach species exist, certain features are common across the different types, such as their brown or dark brown color.
These pests are oval or elliptical in shape, have a flat appearance and are equipped with six elongated, spiky legs that grip well, allowing them to move quickly. The unsightly critters also have tiny heads with plate-like pronotums protruding just behind them, and some species have brown wings overlapping the remainder of their torso.
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
Because cockroaches often reveal themselves at night, knowing how to spot the signs of an invasion is vital. Some signs indicating that you may have a roach problem include:
- Small black droppings that vary in size but are typically the size of a sugar granule.
- An unpleasant musty or moldy smell that becomes more intense as they multiply.
- Hollow shed exoskeletons, as the insects molt up to eight times during their life cycles.
- Unusual brown streak marks on horizontal surfaces or your skirting boards.
- Black, brown or beige purse-shaped egg sacks containing eggs.
How to Remove Cockroaches
Fortunately, a few remedies can help when you face a cockroach invasion. Here’s how to remove cockroaches effectively:
- Set traps and chemical bait.
- Remove food sources and clean regularly.
- Place glue traps at high-infestation points.
- Caulk cracks and openings and remove clutter.
- Remove stagnant water in and around your home.
- Make your own bait with boric acid or liquid concentrate.
Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. Eradicates Cockroaches Effectively
Any pest problems can harm your family’s health, and using store-bought poisonous traps and chemicals can be dangerous. At Royal Pest & Termite, Inc., we understand the inconvenience of a cockroach infestation and employ best practices to deliver an effective solution while keeping your family and pets safe. Our specialized Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach involves the following essential steps:
- Our team will visit your home for a thorough inspection to determine the nature and extent of the pest invasion.
- Before proceeding, we’ll speak to you about your specific needs and concerns.
- Our specialists will devise a tailored pest treatment plan, beginning with the safest methods.
- We’ll adapt our initial approach, employing a controlled pesticide plan if required.
Contact Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. for Professional Cockroach Pest Control Services
Royal Pest & Termite, Inc. offers a host of specialized pest control services to homeowners in the South Florida region. We are passionate about providing the safest and least disruptive pest control service with a customer satisfaction guarantee. Our fully licensed and insured team is ready to eliminate unwanted pests from your home. Call our pest control specialists today or contact us online for an inspection, quote and custom pest control plan.