Signs That You May Have a Rodent Infestation
Rodents may choose to seek shelter on your property in the summer or when the winter season starts to creep in. When left unchecked, you could easily end up with a rodent infestation in your home. Recognizing the signs of these pests is the first step to knowing how to stop a rodent infestation before it becomes a bigger issue.
What Is a Rodent Infestation?
A rodent infestation occurs when your property is overrun or inhabited by rodents, such as rats and mice, in numbers that are significant enough to be a nuisance or cause harm.
10 Signs of Rodent Infestation
The number of rodents you have in your home can quickly grow without you seeing any mice or rats. If you can identify the signs of a rodent infestation early, you can take care of the problem before they cause damage to your home. Here is how to tell if you have a rodent infestation:
- Rodent droppings: Rodent droppings in and around your home are some of the most obvious signs that you have an infestation. These droppings are small, dark brown and moist at first, and they gradually become grey and dry over time.
- Foul odor: Rodent urine has a strong, musky smell that becomes noticeable when they inhabit your home. As the infestation grows, the odor becomes more potent and easy to detect.
- Tracks: When you have rodents in your space, you may be able to see their tiny footprints in areas that collect dust easily.
- Holes: Rodents will chew through walls, floors and other materials to make entry points and create small gnaw holes.
- Bite marks: If you notice small chew marks on cardboard, wood or other furniture, that is a sign that you have rodents in your home.
- Scratching or scampering noises: Rodents will often make noises at night when running inside walls and ceilings or along the floors.
- Unusual pet behavior: Pets will often act odd when they hear or smell a rodent in the house. If you notice your pet focusing on a certain area and acting unusual, there might be rodents in that space.
- Rotting odor: When a rat dies inside your home, it will release a potent rotting smell. Removing the dead rodent safely is important, as it could be harmful to your health.
- Unexplainable grease marks: If you notice small grease marks on surfaces, they could be coming from the oil in rodents’ fur.
- Allergies: The fur and droppings of rodents can cause an allergic reaction, so some people can be affected by the presence of rodents in their homes.
About Our Rodent Elimination Services
At Royal Pest & Termite, Inc., we provide expert rodent elimination services to help get rid of these pests, which are skilled at hiding in hard-to-reach places. Our pest control specialist will identify their nests, seal their entry points, and effectively eliminate and prevent rodents from entering your space.
Get Started With Royal Pest & Termite Today!
Dealing with a rat infestation right away is key to preventing significant issues in the future. When you notice signs of rodents on your property, reach out to us immediately. Our licensed and insured specialists will help you get rid of rodents and prevent them from causing significant damage to your property.
Call 754-800-5284 or fill in our online form to get in touch with us today!